Exams MSc Molecular Science
Completion of three oral exams is required before submitting registration of the Master’s thesis.
- MSM-Nano or MSM-Life
- MSM-ME, the Mandatory Elective Module
- MSM-E, the Elective Module (if applicable)
There are two examination periods per year, at the end of each semester.
- One period takes place around the middle of February until March; and
- The other period takes place beginning in September and ending in the middle of October;
- An additional examination period, which is only open to exchange students, takes place in July.
All oral exams must be registered according to deadline, using the registration sheet for Master’s examinations, which is to be handed in at the SSC.
- Exams for February/March must be registered by November 30 of the preceding year, at the latest.
- Exams for September/October must be registered by May 31, at the latest.
- (Exams for July must be registered by April 30, at the latest.)
On the Registration Form for Master’s Exams, at least two examiners can be suggested for exams in the mandatory elective module and the elective module.
It is, however, not guaranteed that your suggestions will be fulfilled. As a general rule, all instructors listed in the module guide are potential examiners for their respective modules, and if necessary, further examiners can be added to the list.
For exams in September / October, please indicate when you plan to begin your Master’s thesis.
The Examinations Office (Prüfungsamt) will be informed three weeks before the finalized examination dates. At this stage, you willb e informed as to the time and place of examination, as well as the members of the evaluation committee. This information will also be available online via MeinCampus.
Exams for “external” classes – classes which are not taught within the Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy – will not be organized by the Student Service Centre (SSC). You will be responsible for organizing these exams. Please inform the SSC of any “external” exams you have organized and of any potential conflicts with exams in the DCP.
The modules MSM-CA, MSM-SM, and MSM-REP are ungraded.