FAU and the Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy are committed to ensuring all university members use the laboratory facilities in a safe and responsible manner to prevent accidents, personal injury, and damage to university property.
While most doctoral candidates likely already know the basics of laboratory safety, it might be helpful to read through the following resources, especially if you are, for example, working with hazardous materials for the first time.
- ECHA: Guidance on Information Requirements and Chemical Safety Assessment of the European Chemicals Agency
- ECHA: Hazard Class Table and Guidance Materials
- ERC: Ethics Self-Assessment
- GHS: Column Model for the Assessment of Hazardous Substances
- DGUV: Safety in University Chemistry Labs: An Introduction for Students (German)
- FAU: General Guidelines for Safety in the Laboratory (German)
- UBA: The New Classification and Identification System for Hazardous Chemicals by the Federal Environmental Agency (German)
More detailed information on specific safety concerns in the laboratory may be found on the individual webpages of the various chairs and working groups.