Outgoing students

You are interested in studying one or two semesters abroad?

As we find it is a great experience we encourage all our students to spend some time abroad during their studies. There are various options to go abroad, such as…

Each year, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) selects many German students for a study stay at a partner university abroad with which an university-wide exchange agreement exists. Study programmes and funding depend on the partner university in question.

Further information on university-wide exchange agreements may be found on the website of the International office (information in German).

There are also various options to spend time abroad for a practical training, further information on a pracital training abroad may be found on the website of the International office (information in German).

Which semester is best to go abroad?

The 3rd semester in the Master’s programmes are best to spend abroad.

In the Bachelor’s programmes we recommend the 5th semester, to find matching courses at the partner university is the challenge.

Which language level do I need to go abroad?

It depends on the partner university, in most cases level B2 in the teaching language is required.

How much time do I need to get everything organized?

We recommend to start at least one year ahead.

The application deadline is end of december for the following academic year WS and / or SS.

Which universities teach in English?

Besides the universities in UK and Irland and Malta universities in Norway, Sweden and The Netherlands usually teach in English in the Master level (local language in the Bachelor level). Most of our other partner universities offer at least some courses in English.