Incoming students

Interested in studying in Erlangen for a semester or two?

The study programmes Chemistry and Molecular Science offer a great opportunity for international exchange students to spend one or two semesters (the winter and/or summer term) in Germany.

While our Bachelor-level courses are taught exclusively in German, the Master’s courses are offered in English. This means that exchange students applying to take courses in our Bachelor’s programmes need to provide a German language certificate for Level B2, and exchange students applying to take courses in oru Master’s programmes need to provide an English language certificate for Level B2.

Information on courses offered can be found in the module guide or schedules in the Download section, or on UnivIS. Selection of courses must be individually approved by the module coordinator.

The Central Office for International Affairs offers an information page for international students which provides an excellent overview of important resources and programs for international students planning to study at the Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.


Contact person:

Prof. Dr. Rainer Fink

  • Organization: Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy
  • Working group: Professor for Physical Chemistry
  • Phone number: +49 9131 85-27322
  • Email: