The Admissions Office oversees the application procedures for both German and international applicants. It also processes applications for a swap of university places.


Information on admission


Abbreviation for ‘Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz’ (Federal Training Assistance Act). This law governs state funding for students in Germany. In everyday language, the abbreviation BAföG is also used to refer to the funding students receive from the state. Application forms can be obtained from Student Services Erlangen-Nürnberg or downloaded online: (German only)

Applications have to be submitted to the Amt für Ausbildungsförderung (Training Assistance Office) in either Erlangen or Nuremberg.

Amt für Ausbildungsförderung
Hofmannstraße 27
91052 Erlangen

Amt für Ausbildungsförderung
Andreij-Sacharow-Platz 1
90403 Nürnberg


Computer rooms (CIP Pools) at the Department:

  • Room 0.113-11, C-Bau, Egerlandstr. 3, 91058 Erlangen
  • Rooms 2.202a and 2.203, Computer-Chemie-Centrum, Nägelsbachstr. 25, 91052 Erlangen

Unlike studying at high school, there is no general obligation to attend lectures. Whether attendance is compulsory depends on the nature of the course. Please note: You may not be able to obtain a proof of achievement in the relevant course if you miss the course too often.

You can also watch some of the lectures at the FAU video portal.


A Diploma Supplement is an addition to the Bachelor or Master certificate, which is handed out together with the Bachelor or Master certificate. It was introduced during the Bologna process. It is usually issued in German and English. The Diploma Supplement contains information on the course of studies, such as access requirements, study contents, acquired competences and possible occupational fields.

The focus of the Diploma Supplement is on the skills and abilities of the graduates.


You can find the examination regulations on the FAU website.

Chemistry (B.Sc. / M.Sc.) and Molecular Science (B.Sc. / M.Sc.)

Petra Schmitt, VA

  • Organization: Abteilung L - Lehre & Studium
  • Working group: L 6 Prüfungsverwaltung
  • Phone number: +49 9131 85-24063
  • Email:

Food Chemistry

Petra Frosch, VA

  • Organization: Department of Academic Affairs and Student Services
  • Working group: Examinations Office
  • Phone number: +49 9131 85-24817
  • Email:


Dr. Stefanie Károsi

  • Job title: Student Advisor Pharmacy
  • Organization: Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy
  • Working group: Medicinal Chemistry
  • Phone number: +49 9131 85-22584
  • Email:

Teaching degree program

Website (in German)


The University of Erlangen-Nürnberg is part of a large international network and maintains close contacts with about 500 partner universities in 62 countries. FAU scientists  work closely with top universities around the world. The International Office is the central point of contact of FAU, which is open to students and graduate students from abroad as well as German students and doctoral students who wish to go abroad. Detailed information on the International Office can be found on the FAU website.

You can find information about the exchange programmes for Chemistry and Molecular Science here: Exchange students.

Advice on foreign studies

Chemistry and Molecular Science

Dr. Almut Ruyter

  • Job title: Student Advisor
  • Organization: Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy
  • Working group: Study Service Center
  • Phone number: +49 9131 85-67480
  • Email:

Pharmacy and Food Chemistry

Dr. rer. nat. Stefan Seyferth, Akad. ORat

  • Job title: Akademischer Oberrat
  • Organization: Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy
  • Working group: Chair of Pharmaceutics (Prof. Lee Ph. D.)
  • Phone number: +49 9131 85-29555
  • Email:

Students can find information about internet access at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg on the website of the Regional Computer Center Erlangen (RRZE).

Introductory courses usually take place at the beginning of the first semester:

  • winter semester: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree courses Chemistry or Molecular Science, teacher’s degree in Chemistry, state examination degree in Food Chemistry or Pharmacy
  • summer semester: Master’s degree courses Chemistry or Molecular Science

Course dates are published either at Study or at the website of the Faculty of Sciences (in German).


The student initiative (FSI) Chemistry and Molecular Science sells lab coats and goggles.

Website FSI Chemistry / Molecular Science

Every student participating in a lab course needs a laboratory insurance.

More information:

Lab insurance

The Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg provides free legal advice for students and enrolled graduate students, which offers advice e.g. about labor law, legal, commercial and tenancy matters as well as in all other legal difficulties related to the study situation.


You can find the registration forms here: Downloads

The administrative portal mein campus is the virtual counterpart to student administration and the examination office.It includes a management system for students’, examinations and events. Here, students can manage their personal study programme data, register for examinations, and view their grades. In addition, students can print current study certificates and enrollment certificates. Mein campus is also the application platform for the Deutschland-Stipendium at FAU.

You can download the module guides for the master’s degree programs here: Downloads


The Office for Gender and Diversity is committed to equality at FAU. Gender, nationality, age, religion, sexual orientation, or disability should not be an obstacle to study or work. 


The Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg has a psychological-psychotherapeutic counseling center. This provides professional help with several problems, e. g.  difficulties with studying, with doctoral studies or with exams, with problems with partners or parents, anxiety, or psychosomatic complaints. The open consultation hours are anonymous.


Person of contact for students with disabilities or chronic illnesses at FAU is Dr. Jürgen Gündel. He provides advice for students with handicaps on all questions concerning studying at FAU, living at Erlangen, accessibility, and compensation for the disadvantages.

Further information:

Website for students with disabilities


Dr. Jürgen Gündel


The general Student Advice and Career Service (Allgemeine Studienberatung, IBZ) is the first point of contact for general questions about studying in Erlangen and at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg. The IBZ can help students with questions about enrolment, application and entry requrements.

Student Initiatives (FSI) are students who work voluntarily for their fellow students, e.g. organize introductory events, tutorials and represent student interests at the university. FSI members take part in the FAU Student Council.