Prof. Dr. Rainer Fink
- Organization: Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy
- Working group: Professor for Physical Chemistry
- Phone number: +49 9131 85-27322
- Fax number: +49 9131 85-28867
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://chemistry.nat.fau.eu/fink-group/
91058 ErlangenRoom P 2.51
- Office hours: Weekly Wed, 12:00 - 13:00, Room P 2.51,
- Andrea Meixner-Wolf / Susana Kreß
- Phone number: +49 9131 85-27342
- Email: email@example.com
Find me in Google Scholar,
Welcome to the Fink research group!
Our research focuses on the microscopic and spectromicroscopic analysis of organic thin films, organic nanocrystals, polymer nanostructures and hybrid materials. Emphasis is lying on the correlation of structural and electronic properties, in part in dependence of external stimuli (temperature, voltage), e.g., switching in organic field-effect transistors (OFETs) or (metal-)organic nanocrystals, temperature responsivity in microgels or functional materials, or radiation-induced modifications in organic thin films. Recent work also focuses on crystalline organic thin films with lateral extensions beyond 100 µm.
Our analytical tools take advantage of synchrotron radiation, specifically soft x-ray microscopy ond spectroscopy. With the PolLux instrument, we operate one of the leading soft x-ray scanning transmission microscopes (STXM) at the Swiss Light Source (SLS). Furthermore, we were involved in instrumental developments at the aberration-corrected SMART-XPEEM/LEEM (Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin).
We are offering various topics for PhD, Master and Bachelor thesis for motivated students. Do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail !