Prof. Dr. Romano Dorta
- Organization: Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy
- Working group: Professor of Anorganic Chemistry
- Phone number: +49 9131 - 85 27363
- Fax number: +49 9131 - 85 27367
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.chemistry.nat.fau.eu/dorta-group/
91058 ErlangenRoom A 1.12
Our research efforts are directed at synthetic organometallic chemistry, asymmetric catalysis, and functional ionic liquids.
The design of new chiral ligand systems is the first step toward the synthesis of reactive, optically pure metal complexes that are potential catalysts for asymmetric organic transformations. Single-crystal X-ray diffraction studies give us a precise molecular picture of the new metal complexes and of their coordination and activation chemistry of small molecules and other substrates. Well-defined complexes with the appropriate metal-ligand combination are then used as molecular catalysts, for example, in asymmetric C–C bond forming reactions.
Finally, functional ionic liquids represent promising new synthetic tools for stoichiometric and catalytic transformations. For example, transition metal salts that are liquid at room temperature can be used as biphasic, self-supported catalyst systems.