Invitation to the Chemistry and Pharmacy Symposium – Inaugural Lectures on Apr. 14, 2023
Registration open now
“3D Printing and Electrochemistry”, “Nano Drug Delivery” and “Supraparticles” are three of the research areas of professors at the Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy who have been newly appointed in the last three years. On April 14, 2023, the Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy cordially invites all who are interested to attend the inaugural lectures of eight professors.
The professors will introduce themselves and their research areas during the symposium:
- Henry Dube (Chair of Organic Chemistry I) on the topic of “Building Nanotechnology with Chemistry”,
- Dagmar Fischer (Chair of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy) on the topic of “Nano Drug Delivery”,
- Danijela Gregurec (Professor of Sensory Sciences), on the topic “Magnetism and Neuromodulation”,
- Simon Hammann (Professor of Food Safety and Quality) on “The Wondrous World of Food Lipids”,
- Petra Imhof (Professor of Computational Chemistry), on “Chemistry in the Computer”,
- Karl Mandel (Professor of Inorganic Chemistry) on the topic “Supraparticles”,
- Siow Woon Ng (Professor of Physical Chemistry at Interfaces) on the topic “3D Printing and Electrochemistry” and
- Ingrid Span (Professor of Bioinorganic Chemistry) on “Biomolecules Made Crystal Clear”.
The event will begin on Friday, April 14, 2023 at 1:00 p.m. with greetings by FAU Vice President Prof. Dr. Andreas Hirsch (Chair of Organic Chemistry II) and the Speaker of the Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy, Prof. Dr. Dirk Guldi (Chair of Physical Chemistry I). Afterwards, the eight inaugural lectures will take place in spontaneous order. The professors invite to a get-together with finger food, drinks, and music starting at 6 pm.
Save the date
April 14, 2023, 1.00 p.m. – 7.00 p.m.
Lecture hall H11, Cauerstr. 11 in Erlangen
Registration is kindly requested.
Flyer “Meet the New Professors”
Poster “Meet the New Professors” (Din A2)
Prof. Dr. Karl Mandel
Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy
Professorship for Inorganic Chemistry (Prof. Dr. Mandel)
- Phone number: +49 9131 85-27396
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org